Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweets for Sweet People

 I chopped strawberries and added them to the scone recipe (to which I had added 1/4 cup of ground flax seed).  After they were done I iced them with two ounces of cream cheese, some powdered sugar and vanilla, and more strawberries.
I followed the suggestion of a blog reader who said they just scored the scones and didn't cut them apart.  Well they grew into a lovely golden mass that obliterated the scoring lines.  I might not have rolled/patted the dough thin enough.  Anyway, with this much golden goodness, who cares about disappearing scoring lines!  I must make these again!

What are your favorite sweets to cook for the people you love?

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy quiltmaking......

6 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

Yummy, Happy Valentines Day to you.

bunbear said...

happy valentine's day, dora! my favorite sweets to make for my family is a batch of cookies. usually chocolate chip or raisin.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My guys love Chocolate chunk cheesecake and cream cheese cookies.

Cindy Sharp said...

My best recipe is reservations!

Unknown said...

Dora, funny you should ask that! lol Yesteday I got a text from my middle schooler. "We have a problem." When I asked for an explanation, she eventually texted me back, "My math teacher figured out that you're the one who bakes the 'famous' cookies and she wants some next week." Funny thing is, the cookies, which I love to bake, are something I can't even eat because I'm gluten-intolerant. The fact that I can't eat them makes them even more fun to make because then they are truly about giving a gift.

Lynn said...

Mmmmm...scones...we made them from my Mom's biscuit recipe plus a bit of sugar, patted out to a circle maybe an inch-and-a-half thick, cut them all the way through but left them together. Works like a dream! Bought a small bag of Maninis gluten-free all-purpose flour and IT ROCKS!! Yum! Next, scones and marmalade!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...