Monday, January 3, 2011

Resting...resting....

No resting for me....it's the batting for the baby quilt that is resting.  I've been all too aware that today is my last day before returning to the three hour commutes.  The commutes would be exhausting by themselves--but I also have to work, hard.  So, instead of dwelling on thoughts of tomorrow, I worked on the quilt.


Pieced the extra blocks, border pieces, and left over fabric into the backing so it would be wide enough.  That's almost always more fun after it's done than while I'm doing it. Aside from how much time it takes, it's really not a big deal, so I don't know why I don't find it more pleasurable. The backing is pressed and resting. 

 The borders are on, the top is pressed, and it's resting.

I'm hoping that by the time I get home each evening this week, I'll have a little leftover energy so I can get it layered, basted, and ready for quilting.  Quilting is always the fun part--as is choosing which threads to use.

We've reached the time of year when I'm grateful for each little hot flash/power surge.  We're having "Midwest Weather" for the rest of this week--that is, it will drop into the teens (or lower) each night, and we'll be happy if the temperature rises 20 degrees during the day.  Often, predicted lows in the teens turn out to be lows in the single digits, so I'm hoping the current predictions are accurate. 

We did go out for Sweet Teen's flute lesson and to fill the gas tank this afternoon.  Our last fill-up was December 21.  We'd driven only 319 miles since then, a lot less than I'll have to drive this week.

Oh, Sweet Teen did ask me why I call her that.  I didn't really explain, but I did say that as long as she acts sweet, I can call her that, but if she acts ugly, I'll have to figure out another name.  I really wouldn't like to be forced to do that.

Stay warm, busy, and happy, dear friends.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...