Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chintzy Rose Find

There's a little shop on the Maynardville Highway (the extension of Broadway as it goes north from Knoxville) called Chintzy Rose Antiques and Tea Room.  That's where I found the lovely little shelf/storage unit that is going to sit next to my lovely lavender Laura Ashley slipcovered chair-and-a-half. The next photo seems to show a diagonal plaid.  I don't know why that happened, but be assured the background is a solid yellow, not a plaid.
 
Behind the shop are stacks of architectural salvage, mostly shutters; behind that is a little house with more treasures that is also the site of a bit of refinishing and refurbishing. 
The shop is full of treasures, but not the one above because I'm taking it home with me.
I confess I didn't try tea or anything else on the menu, but we had a great time looking at the wide variety of treasures.
I'd seen an ad in Romantic Homes and was thrilled to be able to visit the shop. I wish I'd taken pictures so other people could see some samples of the wide variety of items they have.  I'm sorry I live so far away!

1 comment:

Dolly said...

That's pretty.......wish I could have toured to shops too ! I just love seeing the old treasures and thinking of the possibilities for their use in MY home !

I wonder if that piece had been painted or papered with a checkerboard design sometime before it received the yellow paint.

That's just way too pretty !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...