Sunday, March 14, 2010

Promise of Spring

When I arrived at school Friday morning, I realized the daffodils were likely to bloom while we are on spring break.  When I left at the end of the day, they were blooming.  I caught these shots really quickly on the way out--and it's hard to see the screen in sunshine, so I'm glad I actually caught the blooms.
Here some more daffodils are in the background of a sculpture that honors Paula Shane, one of our third grade teachers who passed away several years ago--the flowers around the base of the sculpture are fabric. The school is about 60 miles away from our home and two thousand feet lower.  As I left, I couldn't help wondering how long it would be before the bulbs at our house would bloom.

This afternoon when Alex and I arrived home from church, we saw lovely deep green shoots of narcissus, daffodils, and  (maybe?) tulips pushing their way up through the earth.  Of course, now, a few hours later, those shoots are buried in several inches of new snow.  We hope they survive. 

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Lovely blooms, Doris. Don't you love the promise to come from a bulb?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...