Friday, January 8, 2010

A White Wholecloth With a Pink Inner Border

I don't have a picture of the whole quilt because it looked like a white rectangle.  However, here are a couple of photos of the details.

I've wanted to do a white-on-white for years, but except for several pillows done years ago, this was the first.  Then I used almost no white thread.  I used a variety of Fil-Tec Glide pastel thread colors.
I think the only marking I did was to sketch in lines for the arcs and a small circle in the center of the quilt.

This prayer quilt was for a friend who was scheduled for surgery in mid December.  Then her surgery was moved up a week, so there was no time to finish the quilt before her surgery, so she was given another.

I wonder who will receive this one.

Post Script: A few months later her teenage daughter had to have surgery for retinas that were detaching, and she received the quilt that had been intended for her mom.  She was delighted to have it for all those weeks she had to lie face down--and a few months later she had the same surgery on her other eye.  Isn't it amazing how God blesses us?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...