Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Sanctuary

I'm going to try to share some of the quilting details of my brother's prayer quilt, "Sanctuary."

It was difficult to decide what quilting designs and threads to use on this quilt.  I am so very partial to feathers and curls and frills.  I did settle for just outlining the sawtooth triangles in the border, but almost everything else has plenty of feathers and curls!
For much of the quilt I used a Fil-Tec gold, but I also used a holographic gold film thread, a mossy green rayon, a lime green poly in the border, and a Rainbows variegated green in the large bird and fruit squares in the center of the sawtooth stars.
Although it is difficult to see in the smaller pictures, the background fabric is printed with gold metallic dragonflies. Although it looks like a variety of batiks were used, there were only two; because of the way the fabrics were dyed, it looks as if there were quite a few different batiks used in the sawtooth border triangles.
I just love the detail in the bird print; it is a true work of art.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dora!
Your brothers' quilt looks beautiful with the designs that you chose~it's not easy sometimes but once we have a clear idea we are off and running!!
Eileen G.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Thank you, Eileen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...