Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Daughter's Dream House & Winter

Mu daugher mentions almost every day that she wants to live in Illinois.
The other day she took a picture of her "dream house."
 
I asked how that might work, since this house is just east of Albuquerque.  She replied, "Oh, I think I'll just have to figure out a way to airlift it to Illinois."
Unlike my daughter, I miss all the wooden farmhouses from the early 20th century.  I seriously doubt that I would be  able to afford either an early 20th century home or a reproduction.  It's mind-boggling how with all the burst bubbles of the housing market, those homes still have astronomical price tags.

My daughter also snapped this picture of the west face of the Sandias.
 
Although that mountain might not look a whole lot different right now, the eastern slope of the Sandias and the eastern plains received a battering.  Areas of our little town have received as much as eight inches, according to one of the TV stations--so I suspect there are areas that have received even more.  We received plenty, but given the winds, it's impossible to measure.
This is turning out to be a long, cold winter, but the snow probably protects us from the below-zero temps we had a few years ago.  (Good thing, since we've had 50% increases in natural gas cost.)
Hmmmmmm, I think I should go look through some cookie recipes......or soup recipes.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...