Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Quilt and My Daughter

I finally finished the binding on the baby quilt for Stephanie. I'll have to wait to take a picture because it's in the washer right now.

My daughter is spending the night with a friend. A few minutes ago she called to tell me she loves me, reminded me to put out the garbage for tomorrow's pickup, told me she's staying up for another hour until the Amish bread is done baking, and suggested I might want to go to bed now. I laughed and said, "Yes, mom."
Her response was, "Well, older people need to get their sleep."
I just said it's actually the other way around; the young need to get their sleep, and then I laughed some more.
There's such a fine line between meddling, judging me incompetent, and just trying to be helpful!
It's nice to be loved!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...